|Pre-submission mentorship application||
|Workshop||June 7, 2021 (With Main Conference)|
Pre-submission Mentorship Program
The SRW offers students the opportunity to get advance feedback before submitting their work for review. The goal of the pre-submission mentorship program is to improve the quality of writing and presentation of the student’s work, not to critique it. Participation is optional but encouraged and pre-submission mentorship is not anonymous.
Students wishing to participate must submit the paper by December 11, 2020 via e-mail to email@example.com along with the following included in the e-mail.
- E-mail subject: Pre-submission mentorship paper
- A copy of the paper (PDF format, anonymized, follow NAACL template)
- E-mail addresses of all authors (for correspondence)
- Author keywords and the area of the research (see here for relevant topics and areas)
- Any specific questions for mentors or expected types of feedback
Note that even though the mentoring is not done anonymously, the paper needs to be anonymized. We will check for formality of the paper including formatting before we match mentors.
Participants will receive a mentor who will review and provide feedback to the student within 4 weeks. This mentor will not be the same person who will review the final submission. The feedback will be in the format of guidelines and suggestions to improve the overall writing; students are not required to make the changes suggested by the pre-submission mentor.