|Pre-submission mentorship application||
|Workshop||June 7, 2021 (With Main Conference)|
Call for Papers
General Invitation for Submission
The Student Research Workshop (SRW) provides a venue for student researchers to present their work in computational linguistics and natural language processing. Students receive feedback from the general conference audience as well as from mentors specifically assigned according to the topic of their work.
We invite papers in two different categories:
- Thesis Proposals: This category is appropriate for advanced students who have decided on a thesis topic and wish to get feedback on their proposal and broader ideas for their continuing work.
- Research Papers : Papers in this category can describe completed work, or work in progress with preliminary results. For these papers, the first author must be a current student. Topics of interest for the SRW are the same as NAACL main conference. See the list of topics here.
Benefits of participation
- All accepted papers will be presented in the main conference poster session, giving students an opportunity to interact with and present their work to a large and diverse audience, including top researchers in the field.
- All accepted thesis proposals will be presented during a session at the main conference, giving students an opportunity to receive feedback from assigned mentors and other researchers.
- Submissions (in both categories) may either be archival or non-archival, based on the wishes of the authors. All archival papers will be published in the NAACL 2021 SRW Proceedings. All non-archival papers may be submitted to any venue in the future except another SRW.
- Each participant is also assigned a mentor - an experienced researcher - who can provide valuable advice on the submission during the pre-submission period and mentoring during the conference.
- Submission for mentoring deadline: December 11, 2020.
- Papers submission deadline: February 12, 2021.
- Reviews due: March 12th, 2021.
- Acceptance notification: March 19, 2021.
- Camera-ready papers due: April 16, 2021.
All deadlines are calculated at 11:59 pm (UTC-12 hours)